Sunday, January 4, 2009

A Favorite Grandmother Moment
















Dated October 13, 2003





"Katie that's a nice dress. You look beutiful today." I said to my 22 month old grandaughter. She placed her dimpled fingers on my cheek and replied "Nanny beautiful too."





I felt like a princess.
Katie is still all the sweetness she was on that day more than five years ago.
"Father on this the first day of the week in the first week of the new year I lift up to you my first grandchild Katie. I thank you for this child who first awakened my mind heart and spirit to the world of grand parenting. I ask that as she grows and matures she will continue to grown and mature with the sweet spirit that you placed in her at her birth. I ask that you would give her a close friend who will help her in her walk with you. If it is your desire that one day she would marry I ask that even now you will be growing up a young boy who will love and honor you. Protect him from the evils of the world and grow him in to a man of integrity and strength. Cause Katie to know you beyond her understanding. Give her supernatural vision to see you at work in her life. Thank you Father for allowing me to be her grandmother."

1 comment:

  1. I sure do love that girl. And all of our kids are blessed beyond measure to have you as a nana.

    ReplyDelete