Monday, January 12, 2009

Abbie Grace with the pretty, pretty face#5











Abbie with her beautiful golden curls looks much like her mom did at this age. But she is much more of a clown. Sometimes she doesn't even mean to be funny. One day she was playing outside with Katie and Micah. I had the back door open so I could hear them. Katie starts hollering "Nana, Abbie is eating dirt." I came to the door and called her to me. Her mud streaked face revealed the truth of her play time. "Abbie why were you eating dirt?" to which she replied "I was making cakes for my doll and I wanted to see what it would taste like." Her imagination is so rich and free. Every time she comes over she will ask "Nana can I play dress up?" We keep the dress up clothing in the playhouse and one time I looked out to see her not dressed up in a costume but in her underwear with only a small blanket around her. That was her dress up. A few times she has run through the yard in her underwear to ask me a question.She is also as sweet as she is funny and I thank God for her pretty, pretty face.
"Daddy God, thank you for this little one. Use her imagination to teach others of your love and redemption plan. Help her always to have a quick laugh and and ready smile. Teach her your ways and give her a deep understanding of your Word.Grow her up strong and healthy and full of compassion and mercy.Protect her from temptation and from the evil one. Thank you that you love her even more than I do. "




No comments:

Post a Comment