Sunday, January 18, 2009

And Baby makes 7!





One might think that after having six other grandchildren that the excitement would wane when another baby comes along. Not so at all. Evangeline who we call Evie was born on July 8,2007. She is just six weeks younger than her cousin Josiah! It was a busy summer. Melody came to Creation and toughed it out waiting for her due date. Ok, she really didn't tough it SO much cause she and Chris being the big wigs that they (he) are at Creation had a mac daddy of an RV so the camping part was not that bad. We encouraged Melody to walk, walk and walk some more. We were ready to meet Evie. She however did not want to interfere with her Daddy's Creation schedule and held off a while. It seemed a long while. Evie was the first of my grandchildren that I got to be in the labor and delivery room. How awesome it is to see your baby giving birth to her baby.

My mother who was in upstate NY was dying. The day after Evie was born I was back on the road to be with my mom. Life and death meeting. The life cycle so closely touching. Joy and and sorrow mingled.

Considering the fact that Evie lives so far from me I am blessed that we have seen each other many times over the last 18 months. She knows me. In fact I get a little embarrassed when she won't go to other people. But mostly, it makes my heart happy.That is so awesome to me. She calls me several times a week and we sing and talk and say the ABC's. I was with her for her first steps and even caught them on video"Father I thank you so much for Evie. I pray that she will grow up to know you and as her name suggests she would be an evangelist. Teach her to honor you and her parents. As you prepare a path for her I pray that she will not go to the left or to the right but that she would stay on the road you have chosen. I pray that if you choose for her to marry that even now you would prepare for her the man who will honor God and her. Lord give her health and strength and a sound mind to follow you."


No comments:

Post a Comment