Monday, January 5, 2009

A Favorite Grandmother Moment,grandchild#2












Nia (VirgiNIA) is my second born grandchild. She is a funny one. I don't get to spend as much time with her as I would like and a lot of the stories I rely on Gwenn to share with me. This is a little story from March 2005. Nia was 20 months old.
Gwenn was taking Nia to McDonald's for lunch. Outside there was a statue of Ronald McDonald sitting on a park bench. This caught Nia's eye and she became very excited and she started shouting and pointing "Mama!-Jesus!, Mama! Jesus!"
I love that even in at such a tender age my granddaughter would get excited about Jesus...even if it was Ronald McDonald.

"Abba, on this the second day of the week I pray for my second grandchild,Nia. Lord you know all the changes she has gone thought in her short life. You know the enormous changes she is about to face when her family moves to Haiti. Father give her an extra measure of attention and affection to help her in this time. I thank you that she has portents who are willing to obey you no matter what the cost. I ask for your protection in all ways. Lord grow her up to have a heart that is always turned toward you. Teach her your ways. Help her to be a source of joy and encouragement to her parents and a helper to her little brothers. Lord help us to stay close even though she will be so far away. It is often with a heavy heart that I think of this move so far away but I thank you for the honor of being the grandmother of this beautiful child."


No comments:

Post a Comment