Wednesday, January 7, 2009

My Brown Eye Boy, Grandbaby #4











We have a lot going on this week with Jenny's wedding on Sat. so first thing this morning I am wrtiting my fourth installment of "meet my grandchildren". The others might be delayed for a few days so I can be with my grandchildren. BRING THEM ON!
Nico came to us the hard way. With the other children we only had to wait 9 months. It was far longer than that for this little guy. Gwenn told me it would take months and we had pictures and updates from time to time. I kept thinking surly by the 4th of July, surely by his birthday, surly but Thanksgiving, Christmas...and so it went. He did not arrive until the following July! I was bonded to him before I ever laid eyes on him in person. Far smaller than his cousins in stature he is right up there with them in personality and volume. He has an amazing ability to remember everyone by name. He is social almost to a fault.
Gwenn and Nick made an emergency trip to Haiti in June so I took Nia and Nico to Creation with me. One afternoon we were sitting at lunch and I looked over to see Nico stroking the hand of an elderly man sitting next to him. I said "Nico don't..." the man stopped me and said "He's fine." I looked back the next minute and Nico's arm was under the man's arm and he was holding his hand. I know he blessed this man.
As with each child that enters my family I know my life would not be complete without Nico. God had it in His heart that I should be his grandmother.

"Father thank you for Nico. I ask you to bless his birth mom and give her the provision she needs today. Thank you that you have chosen us to be family to him. Thank you for his tender heart and quick smile. Thank you for his quick affection. I ask that you would grow him up to be teachable and usable in your kingdom. Protect him from the evil one. Lord continue to help him with his speech and development. May he come to you early."




No comments:

Post a Comment