Wednesday, January 28, 2009

He's Home!

I called Danny's cell phone yesterday. "The number you have reached is temorarily disconnected and is not in service at this time." When I get that message I know that my younger half brother is still deployed. As a Navy Seal he is deployed a lot. Always to the worst places. He's bad communicator so I rely on his phone to tell me his deployment status. He alwayd says not to worry about him cause he'll be back.I was praying for him more the last few days and hoping he'd be home soon. At 11:57 this morning I was praying for him. My phone rang at about 5:45 PM. The display read "Danny" and I knew he was home.
When Jesus ascended to heaven he told us that he would come back. He said not to worry. He is a far better communicator than Danny but still ..sometimes we just would like to hear from him. So we pray and we watch and we wait. One day it will be even more clear on than the dispaly on my phone. The trumpet will sound and the Lord will return the display in the heaves will reaveal "He's back!"
"Thank you Abba for once again keeping your hand of protection on Danny. Thank you for bringing him home."

No comments:

Post a Comment