Sunday, January 25, 2009

A Delightful God

Katie, my seven year old grandaughter was excited about traveling to PA to spend some time with Aunt Melody, Uncle Chris and cousin Evie. While we were talking about it she said she really hoped it would snow while she was there. I said to her "Why don't pray about it right now?" So we prayed.
They arrived I think it was about midnight in PA. I got a call the next morning at 7AM. "Nanny it's snowing!! It's snowing hard and it's on the ground too!" I love to give good things to my children.(grandchildren) How much more does our God love to delight those who are His children.
Last night I was finalizing my support letter to send out for my upcoming mission trip to Haiti. I prayed and asked God for favor. There was one person on my list that I did not have a mailing address for. So, as tacky as it was I sent him an email. The response came quickly.He will be sending a large check on Feb. 2nd. In fact the check is large enough my fees in Haiti but for my daughter Grethen and Gwenn's fees as well! Blessings, pressed down an running over. Our God delights in delighting us!
We still have fund raising to do (airfair and materials for project) but I am so certain now that God has it under control.
As it was with Katie it is with me. Answered pray builds faith!

1 comment: