Monday, December 29, 2008

Advent isn't just for Advent anymore

Tonight I went to a meeting about my upcoming mission trip to Haiti. While praying about ways to raise money the Lord showed me something new.Well not all the way new..but new to my understanding. This Christmas we took part in the Advent Conspiracy (adventconspiracy.org) . I got into my spirit and changed me. But what Jesus was telling me today is that this in not a once a year thing. Worship more, spend less and give more are for all times. Relational giving is for every day. So what does this have to do with Haiti?? and raising money. Here is what I am seeing: The Lord says what do you have in your hand?? Maybe you like to take photos or maybe you like to cook or maybe you are skilled at preparing taxes. God has put something in your hand that He wants to use to in His kingdom work. So maybe I could go to a manicurist (Sp??) and simple ask for a donation OR I could go to her and say will you donate two hours of your time to support our trip to Haiti? A second person can now go to the her making a monetary donation to the trip and have the benefit of her service and the benefit of the time spent together. The point being that not everyone has money but everyone has something. I would love to hear comments about creative ways to use this truth..What is in your hand?

No comments:

Post a Comment