Saturday, December 20, 2008

A Little Bit of My Christmas...so far












I have had such a wonderful Christmas season. I have had some great relational good times. Thanksgiving with Jon and Gretchen hosting started things off and here on Dec 20th I still have good times with people I loved planned for the next week. My best girlfriend Candy and I traveled to PA the first week in Dec for a whirlwind holiday celebration. Eight hours in the car and we never ran out of things to talk about. On Wed afternoon we went to The Miracle of Christmas at the Sight and Sound theater. It was wonderful...angels flying, camels on stage and the best line of the show was "I am going to be God's grandmother!" Candy and I laughed and cried and for a few days we were free of the responsibilities of our grown up lives. On Thurs. night we were my son in law Chris' guests at a Point of Grace Christmas concert. We had dinner and all access passes and great seats. What a happy time this was. Melody is such a great hostess and Evie such a dear baby and were so blessed to spend a little time with them. We got home just in time for the Christmas tree lighting in downtown Manteo where Gretchen was singing and directing the community choir. Abbie rode the yule log. Several hundred people from the community gathering to celebrate. Josh and Jenny were down for Jenny's bridal shower and Josh helped Katie decorate the play house. I've watched Bernstein Bears Christmas at least three times, The new Miracle on 34th Street and I am now watching Elf. I Elfed Myself about a million times and made for than 30 dozen Christmas cookies with family and friends. I've been caroling with the youth group.I decorated the display case at the Post Office and I've decorated our Christmas tree twice.(it fell down!!!) I worked on a special project with Katie, Micah and Abbie and tomorrow I will go to their Christmas program at church. THEN on Monday I get to go to Raleigh and see Gwenn and Nick do a program at their church. Christmas lasagna of course! And so this year I can say without a doubt that the best gifts we can give are the ones that are given of our time, love and our commitment to celebrating each other as we celebrate the one who gave of himself on that first Christmas.
So tell me ...all of my two readers..what is making this year a memorable one for you??



2 comments:

  1. This will be by far the "craftiest" Christmas I've ever done. I haven't made ALL the gifts I've got planned, but I did make more than half. It definitely feels good to "create" rather than "consume".

    ReplyDelete