Sunday, May 31, 2009

It Just wasn't right :(

Today I had to take a quick to Raleigh for a seminar for work. Steve drove with me because he is just nice that way. He got to go to Gwenn and Nick's church and then go out to lunch with Nick's partents while I was in the meeting. (no fair..right?)
After he picked me up I told him I wanted to get something not McDonald's or Subway to eat. So he took me to Panarra's (sp??) When I stepped out of the car it hit me. I wanted to cry and in fact I am pretty much spilling tears now. Gwenn is not here.I go to Pannara's with Gwenn. She is in Haiti. Nick and Nia and Nico and Josiah are not here.They are in Haiti.We stopped at the Farmer's Market. They wern't there either. I know this is normal but I think I am having a bit of a delayed reaction. Really..it hasn't been that long since I saw them. Just over a month..but still.. I can't just pick up the phone. I turn on the computer I hope Gwenn is on line. I think once they move into a home there instead of an apartment in Port..(long story on this one) I will feel more settled knowing they are more finally nesting. I am so glad ALL my girls didn't move to Haiti. On the other hand if they did it might be easier..we would have to move too..Meanwhile I'll wait for the Skype notice to signal that Gwenn is online. And wait for all three of my girls to blog and be thankful that I have a family to miss. Family in Haiti, PA, NY,SC and even my family in heaven.And thankful I have family right around the corner to play with.

3 comments:

  1. You should probably move to PA. It's closer to Haiti. Well, not really at all... but I thought I would give that argument a try.

    And I'm needy, so there's that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would love to be with you. I just wish all my kids would go to one place so I could move and be with all of them :( and I do like PA)Can't wait to see you in three weeks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Know that we're praying for you all.

    ReplyDelete