Friday, April 24, 2009

Woken by silence

Haiti journal entry. Tuesday.

Woken by silence. The constant noise stopped early in th AM and woke me from a sound sleep to listen to...nothing.

Each morning she is out there. Early. Sweeping the small sidewalk in front of her humble home. A pretty young woman.

Wed.
She is out there again this morning. With her mother?grandmother? They tend the plants growing beside their home.

The noise was rally bad last night. A large group of men arguing (debating) right outside the home.
It occurred to me that they were drawn to the light that overflows from our porch where our team has gathered to fellowship and relax.
Drawn to the light...of course they were. Now if we could just carry that light with us.
The Bible tells us that men will be drawn to the light.
Lord I pray for our team today. I ask that we would be a light unto the world. Let us touch Haiti even a 1/4 as much as it has touched us.
I am amazed to see the children going to school all clean and in their pressed uniforms. How much effort they take to just get dressed! Americans (me) don't care nearly as much about our appearance.

No comments:

Post a Comment