Sunday, April 12, 2009

At Home in Haiti

I love it! The people are free and colorful. I have so much to say but not enough time to really do a full blog. I am sitting in Haitian Children's Home living room. There are beautiful children everywhere! One is snuggled up by my side.
Easter worship was amazing and I got to intrepert for a large deaf population there.
The poverty can not be fully understood in a short blog or in a long lifetime.
The thing that has taken me by surprise is that there in NEVER quiet here. Even in the village of Jacmel we hear people in the streets, goats bleating,roosters, dogs and babies crying.
Today as I sat on the roof early in the morning I saw a rainbow. God is so evident here in this amazing place. Will share more when I have the time. Thank you for your continued prayers. Tomorrow is beach day as the children are off from school. Then on to work on Gwenn and Nick's wonderful new home Tuesday!

3 comments:

  1. Praying for your visit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So excited that you get to do this... and so confident that God is using you. Love ya.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Keep us posted on those positive notes!

    ReplyDelete