Saturday, April 18, 2009

I Left My Heart In Haiti

(Spell check is not working so fogive my unedited post.)
Oh I actually didn't leave yet but tomorrow take off for Port Au Prince. The elections may cause some traffic problems so we want to be close to the airport for our Sunday flight.
Seriously, I do miss Steve and the rest of the family but I love Haiti. I love it's people and I am digesting it's culture. It is definately way different from what I know in America but diffirent is not bad. Danny and Leanne's kids at the Haitian Children's Home are a wonderful delight. Seeing the way they interact with each other is so refreshing. There are also five young men who live in the team housing who I would love to marry a daughter or two off to but I don't have any more to marry off. They work so hard and are so cheeerful and helpful.
I don't know that I would ever want to drive here, that is a bit hairy. I made a decision to leave fear at the border and God has honored that decision.A few times I would have expected to be scared in the natural but I was not.
I've had two visits from deaf boys in the community this week.What fun it was to get to know Haitian locals without a language barrier.
God has been so faithful. Today was bitter sweet seeing Gwenn hang up persona items thus making her house a home. I cried more than once as reality is setting in. But I am so blessed to know where she is and who is here to help her and Nick. Nixon a Haitian local who works for HCH told me not to worry because he would take good care of Gwenn. His wife Sandra is an cheerful, beautiful woman whom I know will be a good friend to Gwenn. Danny and Leanne are here to offer an amazing support and I as so thankful for all of these people.
So as I pack up I pray God's peace and blessing on this place. All of my heart will not fit in my carry on so I guess I will just have to come back for it.

1 comment:

  1. Love how you ended it!

    "All of my heart will not fit in my carry on so I guess I will just have to come back for it."

    LoL!

    ReplyDelete