Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Time is Lost

I continue with my journaling thoughts in an effort to process and not "go back to normal". That would be too easy and I never want to forget.I want a new normal.

Thurs. Don't know the date anymore. This is a timeless place. We have a schedule but we never know what time it is. Watches left when cell phones established themselves.
The night was quiet save the lonely puppy separated from the comforting milk of it's mother.
The streets are quieter this morning and ths sky is overcast. The breeze is cool.
Last night as I sat on my roof top perch I heard a young girl's voice call out
"Madame Dan-ese!Bonjou"(SP?)I looked down to see a beautiful teen whom I had walked to church with on Sunday.Her name is Marie-Denise. Shortly after I ws told that a young deaf man was there to visit me. To be known by name is so special. It makes me feel....that I am accepted. I need to try to remember others names. Here in Haiti it is even harder. But I need to try.
"He calls you by name."

No comments:

Post a Comment