Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Sight,sound,smell,taste,touch Haiti

It is good for me to blog about our trip to Haiti. It helps me remember. I don't want to forget this first time...
From my journel. Monday, April 13th.
What have I seen?
I have seen the most beautiful blue water and a beach so dirty at home I would not go there.
What did I hear?
Music until late at night. Goats, chickens,roosters, generators, motorcycles-HORNS! This sense is on extreme overload.
What did I smell?
Goats on the mountain top, deisal,sunscreen, bug spray.
What did I touch?
A child's small hand grasping mine to help her swim.My body challanged to climb and hike and reach and jump. The bounce of the Tap Tap, the cold shower water and the warm ocean water.
What did I taste?
Very salty ocean water. Oatmeal but not like home. Papayas,mangos, home made potatoe chips.

1 comment:

  1. Denise,I have enjoyed reading about your trip.
    Thank you for sharing.
    You are probably sad, I will pray for you this week. Love, Karen

    ReplyDelete