Sunday, October 9, 2011

A Birthday Party- Day 7

So my birthday party is shaping up to be quite an event! I wonder how many of my family will get kicked out of the waiting room for their raucous behaviour!
All these people that are coming..well I've told them they don't need to be there. BUT I am blessed that they will be. When there is a wound in our physical body the white blood cells rush in to do battle with the germs that are trying to attack the body. So it is with the Body of Christ. I am humbled by the outpouring of love and support for me and my family. And I am deeply grateful to God for placing me in this circle of encouragement.
Time and time again God has whispered His thoughts to me and time and time again He has sent others in to speak those thoughts out loud so I would be sure to hear them. To be alone would surly be worse than the cancer itself.
I want to live. I am excited about the future. I believe that I will be completely healed. If I an not..it does not change my faith at all. When I came home from my first trip to Haiti  in the Spring of 2009 I wrote a blog about The Solid Rock . That rock has not shifted since then. It did not shift when the earth quaked and it did not shift when Gretchen nearly died. The rock is solid. It was, it is and it will be solid.
I have no doubt that I have faced and am facing an attack of the enemy. He can't have a victory. I do not acknowledge any power he may think his has on my life. I am a child of God. He created me in Christ Jesus before I was born. Jesus fights my battles. So tomorrow.. if you pray for me...do it in praise and thanksgiving. Believers, worship Him. Non believers ask Him to show you what this means. Pray that all of us would have divine appointments tomorrow! Make us ready to meet those appointments. If you have the time to listen to the song I posted on my blog earlier today, listen to it. All nine minutes of it and pray with me. It would be great if you could do it at 10 AM..
Thank you for walking this path with me. Looking forward to see the Hand of God revealed!

2 comments:

  1. Hello, dear one. Just saw all this on Gretchen's FB and followed the trail to your blog. I was also just diagnosed with breast cancer and am waiting results of a test that will help indicate next steps. I will be praying for you daily...added to a list. I will also spend more time perusing your blog...it has been suggested I start one of my own so folks have a central place to stay updated. I too, am eager to see the Lord in this - He is SO capable of healing, often in a variety of ways! Blessings to you and yours.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was just going back over my blog and came across your comment! I think I may have read it back in my days of pain killers. I am sorry to have not responded! I pray this finds you doing well and that you are hopeful and trusting. He is mighty to save! Praying for you and thanking you for your prayers.

    ReplyDelete