Sunday, October 4, 2009

Simply Sunday





The beauty of grand parenting is not that you "have to watch the kids" it's that you "get to watch the kids". Katie, Micah and Abbie came home with us after church. It was Abbie's turn to help prepare the meal. Leftover spaghetti with hot dogs..ummm... She got to cut up the hot dogs and stir it all together then she made the brownies.)We had a little lesson on fractions using the duck measuring cups to show how much 1/3 and 1/4 were.)We added some applesauce and lunch is ready.
After lunch Micah and Abbie and Grandad took a short nap while Kaite and I cleaned up the kitchen. But first we danced a little to Uncle Digger's CD. It's a very happy CD. We worked on a basic box step before we moved on to the dishes.
After naps the children got very excited that they "get to" garden. Again it is not a "have to" event. The first item of business was to look for the new fish in the pond. We only have three so far and grandad said they should be named Katie, Micah and Abbie, which is fine as long as we get more fish before the rest of the grandchildren come to visit.
Next Abbie and I worked on the compost bin while Katie,Micah and Grandad cleaned up some limbs on the climbing tree in the garden fort. Micah helped me put together the garden arch and Katie helped me decorate it with silk flowers. Katie and I raked as "the littles" worked on a design for a tent they were constructing for their dolls.I drew the line when Abbie showed up with a pillow from the sofa. :)
God smiled on us with a beautiful sunny day. I smile as I reflech on our simple Sunday. I would not trade these days for all the amusement park trills in the world.

2 comments:

  1. I love these pictures. I love this post. I love that my kids are going to have these awesome grandparent memories.
    :)

    ReplyDelete