Thursday, October 15, 2009

My Purpose


This Sunday my church prayed for me and my trip to Haiti. After the service Jim, one of our elders (and our family pastor) approached me with Daniel another man in our church. Daniel felt like he was given a Word for me and wanted to share it with me and pray with me. It was a word, one word, purpose. So before I thought I knew why I was going. I was going to visit my grandchild in their new home, to meet the new children in my daughters home,deliver the clothes and gifts collected for the orphanage, spend some time with kids in the deaf school..you know this and that. A vacation of sorts. Of course it is a vacation WAY outside of my comfort zone! Traveling alone kinda freaks me out a little. But now, Daniel has me thinking. What is God's purpose for me making this trip? How does he want to use me for the next week. And if God wants to use me what kind of restistance might I expect? I can't dwell on that because the enemy wants me to fear. That's a trick he uses to throw us off course. So tonight I committ myself to God's purpose for me. Whatever that is. I am available for His use.
The LORD will fulfill his purpose for me; your love, O LORD, endures forever— do not abandon the works of your hands.
Psalm 138:7-8

No comments:

Post a Comment