Friday, October 16, 2009

My Life as a Bag Woman

Sitting on the floor at JFK by my airport cart overflowing with my luggage I think of her. Her being any woman or man for that matter whom I have seen pushing her/his cart down the street with all of their possessions in the cart and the weight of the world on there sholders.
I am only sentenced to this life for a night. The floor is hard but it's not that cold in here. Where would I go if I were her? What must it be like to have this cart as your life rather than your night?
A few weeks ago I learned that on our lovley Outer Banks of NC that we actually have communities of homeless people. They even tac pictures of their loved ones to trees.
It makes me so thankful that I have a home. A family. A soft bed and plenty to eat.It makes me so mindful of those who don't.

1 comment: