Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Fear of Food

It's almost like morning sickness.But it stays all day. I have not been able to eat solids since Sat.( I think today is Wed. but I might be wrong about that) Today I did have 3-4 saltine crackers. I thought maybe, just maybe I could eat some plain pasta.Now it is ready and I am not even liking the smell.I guess to desire to eat is a good thing. Don't think tonight will be the night. Abbie shared some of her icepops from when she had her tonsils out. Perhaps that would be a better choice. It's funny how I spend most of my life wishing that I ate less and now I just wish I could eat something.I know when I am well that I will struggle again with overeating but that is hard to imagine at this moment. Today I drove to Gretchen and Jon's so I could see the children. I pulled up in the driveway and that lined up about 10 ft. from the call and we talked for a few minutes. It's like water to a dry and thirsty land.Abbie's little no tonsils voice is so cute! My grandchildren make me want to get well and I am sure that they help me to get well.Soon they will ALL be here playing with the bikes and trikes and firetruck. The flu is a drag but life is so good. God is so good!


This video was taken just before Gwenn and Nick moved to Haiti. Now six months later all the grandchildren will be together again plus baby Cana will join them. The second little prayer that they sing was one that I made up for my girls when they were little. Gwenn then translated it into Kroyle. When I was in Haiti last week we went to the Pye's house for spaghetti dinner. When I heard the room full of 20 Haitian children singing this blessing it brought me to tears. You never know what God will do with what you teach your children. Some times it's the simple things in life that last.

1 comment: