Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Seaglass





I look at thse pictures that gwenn took on the beach in Jacmel, Haiti and I am drawn back. I understand what it means to have a "call" on your life.I think that is why it is ok for me to see my daughter and son in law and grandchildren living in a place that most would never desire to visit. I know the about this call because I can only believe that at some level I am also called there. No, I don't foresee me and Steve selling everything and moving there.I do see me having some deep forvever connection to Jacmel and her people. I look at these photos and I see my grandchildren extending their hands filled with gifts for me! I have not met all of the children but they are "mine" as surly as the children that Gwenn gave birth to. It is a different kind of grandparenting but it is still so very real. I long to bring all of my American grandchildren with me to meet their Haiti cousins.
Since my first trip to Haiti one year ago not a day goes by that I do not miss it. No doubt people are weary of hearing about it from me. I don't really know where this is going or what it all means but I know I am homesick for this little island in the blue water.
I love my home and my life here. I am crazy nuts about all my grandbabies here and love every minute I have with them. But part of my heart will always be longing...for my ohter home this side of heaven.

2 comments:

  1. I never grow weary of hearing your heart speak of your other home on this side.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your heart is tugged because you care to listen to the Lord. HE balances the sacrifices with rewards. The compassion and expansion of your heart is a God thing. Almost always the Lord was moved to compassion before he healed or did a divine act. I pray you will still have many more trips to your isle in the blue.

    Fair Winds and Calm Seas,
    Deborah Leon
    www.mermaidspurseseaglass.com

    ReplyDelete