Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Jesus in the Garden

As I lay in my sleepless bed this morning my phone rang. It was Gwenn only the connection did not go through. I lie there with my mother's mind racing ahead with it's mother's imagations. In my mind I could hear Gwenn's voice sobbing "Mommy, I can't do this!" Just as this was was playing out in my mind I turned over in bed in my darkened room. The living room door was slighty ajar casting a light on my bedroom wall. This light created a perfect cross. It stopped me quick and brought me back to a night 2000 years ago. Jesus in the garden crying out to His Father "Father take this cup from me." But it was the Father's will to allow this to happen. Jesus could have choosen not to go to the cross but He did not. He choose to obey and to be in the Father's will even though it meant he would suffer.
Gwenn had a choice not to go to Haiti but she choose to obey. Even though it means she will suffer.
God does not take this cup from his children at times. Sometimes it is His will for His children to pay the price so that others may be saved.
Gwenn and Nick could be drinking down their first cup of coffee and watching this story unfold on CNN. Instead they are drinking the cup that God has choosen for them.
Thank you Jesus for the cross.

3 comments:

  1. That was such a stunning word picture for me. I have been reading Randy Alcorn's book Safely Home. I have been overwhelmed with how much suffering God's people are willing to endure for His cause. I am humbled beyond comprehension.
    I am praying for you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Know that you are being held in prayer as strongly as your family and others in Haiti.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Denise, thank you for your heart...I am praying for you and your family, and the people in Haiti I am thankful that God's knows all. keep us informed. Karen

    ReplyDelete