Thursday, February 5, 2009

Harbour Island+The life in the dessert.

So I saw on the live fed of my blog that someone checked in from Harbour Island. I googled it having no idea where it was, now i think i want to go there! It's got blue water which is a childhood dream for me. Of course I didn't know all these years that that dream would come true in a little place named Jacmel, Haiti. But Harbour Island as pretty as it is is not the topic of my blog..well not really.
I really want to talk about my ungrateful heart. For months now I have been preparing for my first mission trip. As the team leader there is so much to think about. I feel like a mother who has to make sure that the kids are ready for school with their teeth brushed, their hair combed,their breakfast eaten, their homework done and their shoes on the right feet. Now it's not because my team has been lacking in their efforts, it's just my over sensitive sense of responsibility.
So now we are in crunch time trying to raise all our money. So I prayed, come on! I'm a Christian! Of course I prayed. And sometimes I prayed "God I need some encouragement right now." And you know what He does?? He encourages me!Before I could even send out my support letter a big donation was made. But I am such an ungrateful Israelite. God parts the sea and destroys my enemies and I complain! I forget from day to day that my Abba has provided and is providing. The first person to respond to my donation request did not just provide for me but he is also providing for my daughter's Gretchen and Gwenn for all our fees while on our trip to Haiti. We only have to come up with airfare now. I HATED SENDING OUT SUPPORT LETTERS, but God wants me to be humble if I am to be of any use to Him. Each day God shows me how He is providing and tells me not to worry and each day I stess about it anyway.
What I really want to say is God is good. He is my provider. I will trust Him. I do trust Him. Now Lord help me to live that out.

1 comment:

  1. Isn't it amazing how God uses the stuff we like to do least to grow us?

    ReplyDelete