Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Haiti is not a Hell hole





Yesterday when I was working at the Post Office a customer come up and inquired about my grandchildren who had been here from Haiti. I told the woman that they had gone back last week. She didn't' think that was such a good idea but I told her "They live in Haiti, they need to be with their parents." To which she replied "Your daughter needs to get out of that hell hole of a country!" I was deeply insulted. I really wanted to get angry but knew that would not resolve anything and I would have wasted that anger on something not even the least bit important. I need to use my anger at the poverty an distruction in Haiti to motivate me to do the works that my God is giving me to bring whatever light I can bring into the darkness of the destruction of Jacmel.
So I set about doing the little that I can do and I thank God that he has called me into a relationship with the beautiful and friendly country of Haiti. Maybe someday that woman will know the truth.I doubt it. I thank God I do.

2 comments:

  1. Dear Denise,
    So sad and ignorant.
    I am amazed at how much we can love a country and its people. I can only attribute that to the Holy Spirit. I do understand.
    I am glad that your family is back together, and I find myself praying for them often, and the people of Haiti.
    Love,
    Karen

    ReplyDelete