Sunday, March 21, 2010

"When my world is shaken, Heaven stands."

The lyrics that follow are from my new favorite songwriter/musician JJ Heller. First with my family experience their literal world shaken and now as my daughter lies in a bed in an ICU ward away from her newborn baby and her other three children we;; the world is shaking.
I know without a doubt there is an enemy of our soul who seeks to shake us to the point where we can not stand. The cool thing is that when we are weak, Heaven still stands. I will not for one minute give in to the lies of discouragement and seeds of doubt that he tries to plant.The fact is that really crappy things sometimes happen. There is another beautiful song by this same artist that i have problem with. (even though i like it very much.) This other song is a lullaby that says "I will keep you safe." I love the iead but the problem I have is that God has not promised to keep s safe. He promised to be with us.Jesus was not safe.Paul was not safe.Peter was not safe. So when I see my daughter's world in Haiti literally shaken I can request that God would keep my family safe but I can't have complete confidence that that will be the case.And when my other daughter lies in a hospital bed I can request that she will be safe. While I know for certain that God hears my prayer. If I claim to be a true Christ follower I must accept from His had that which He chooses for my good and for his purpose. Will I always understand His way? Never.But I know he is faithful and I know that Heaven stands.So as these challenges arise with a daily hunger I can say "Heaven stands."
Your Hands
BY KATIE HERZIG, JJ AND DAVID HELLER

I have unanswered prayers
I have trouble I wish wasn’t there
And I have asked a thousand ways
That you would take my pain away
You would take my pain away

I am trying to understand
How to walk this weary land
Make straight the paths that crooked lie
Oh Lord, before these feet of mine
Oh Lord, before these feet of mine

When my world is shaking, heaven stands
When my heart is breaking
I never leave your hands

When you walked upon the earth
You healed the broken, lost and hurt
I know you hate to see me cry
One day you will set all things right
Yeah, one day you will set all things right

When my world is shaking, heaven stands
When my heart is breaking
I never leave your hands

Your hands that shaped the world
Are holding me
They hold me still

4 comments:

  1. Thank you Denise. I really needed to read this today. And I will be praying.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Came across your blog while trying to find info on this song. I was looking for the artist, so we can use it at our son's memorial service coming up. He was stillborn two weeks ago. I'm not sure how I can stand...but I know Heaven does. I appreciated your words here.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mama Lamba, I know your empty arms must ache to hold your son. I do not have any "pat" answers nor will I offer any scriptures. No doubt you have seached the Word and read everyone. While your arms are empty today take what comfort you can in knowing that your son is being held. The Father has not forgotten you and Jesus weeps with you. This side of heaven you may not have the answers to the questions you ask but one day..when you are with your son again you will know.

    ReplyDelete