Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Going Deeper


I sit here on my 10 minute break from my ten minute challenge. (See previous post)I have to tell you, this works for me. At first I had to go thought the cycle a few times to actually get the rooms clean. Now I am finding time left at the end of my challenge to go deeper. Today, because I had just cleaned the bathroom yesterday it only took about 2 min. to wipe things down. This left me with about 8 minutes to straighten out the towels AND start to clean out the closet. Then, I had enough time left in my laundry time to dump out that HUGE bag of mismatched socks and match them up and THROW OUT ALL TO THE SOCKS THAT DID NOT HAVE A MATE! I added the porches today and was able to deadhead flowers, fix the little fountain and put away a few toys left out there.
Now it is time to add the upstairs into the cycle. That is pretty easy EXCEPT my office which is bad. Last night I spent a long time sifting through mountains of papers to give myself a jump start.
And Katie will be happy to know I cleaned out the TV cabinet matching videos with their cases and putting them back upstairs where they belong. There were 47 of them!

4 comments:

  1. Amazing how nice it looks when we're not all there to muck it up! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. actually,Melody this is an old pic. you will notice the wood is still not painted. i just noticed that :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. If it is MY kids mucking up your videos (and I'm sure it is), here's what I do: if I find a video/DVD out of its case and not put away (unless it's still in the player), I take it out of their rotation. They have to earn them back.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am hoping to have a sock-matching marathon once I get ALL the clothing boxes unpacked - I know I have moved some socks without mates, but I can't bear to throw any away til I get all possibilities eliminated...

    ReplyDelete