Thursday, November 20, 2008

The following is an ebay post for a painting that my neice Trina is auctioning off the raise funds for Gwenn and Nick and the Haitian Children's Home. This is in such an honor for me to post here. Trina, my first neice, I count as one of "My" kids. She was the first baby I feel in love with. As her 12 yr. old aunt we were joined at the hip. Her mom was only 16 so she didn't know better and let me babysit for Trina from the time she was 10 days old! How is it that my little Sunshine is more than 40 yrs. old now! She is a successful artist in Southampton NY..(yep... the play ground of the rich and famous and my home town :) I am so proud of her for her heart of compassion and willingness to give of herself to bless others. So check out her auction- what a great way to spend money this Christmas!

Original “Becky” painting to be auctioned
For those of you who are familiar with "Becky" you know her purpose in life, for those of you who are not..." Becky" was created to "surf a higher purpose" now, we (Becky & I ) are starting on a small scale, donating paintings to the Rell Sunn surf contest cancer benefit & ebay auctions for relay for life, but I believe that good things come from good actions. That said, the next Becky ebay auction will begin on NOVEMBER 19th and run for 10 days ...ending NOVEMBER 29th!!!
100 percent of the money raised will be donated to the Haitian Childrens Home .
A few words about The Mangine Family (My cousin Gwenn, her husband Nick & their kids)
We are Nick and Gwenn Mangine. We believe very passionately that one family can make a difference. We want to be one of those families.
In May of 2009, we are planning a move to the southern coast of Haiti where we will open the second family home at the Haitian Children's Home. Once there, we will open our home and our family to 20 orphaned and abandoned children. We will accept them and care for them and give them the opportunity to grow up in a secure, stable environment with access to opportunities EVERY child should be afforded—food, clothing, shelter, healthcare, education, and, of course, love.
But we can't do it alone. Look around. Hear more about the vision. And then consider supporting us.
www.Haitianchildrenshome.org/Mangine
Www.Haitianchildrenshome.org
If you have questions and for the ebay item # go to
www.trinamichne.com Thank you! Trina

');
document.write('');
document.write('');
//-->

No comments:

Post a Comment