Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Finding Favor

I have always been a good bargain shopper. I suppose it comes from being raised by my mom who was the queen of making something from nothing and making do in style with a little of nothing. I would much rather "hunt" at thrift store or yard sales than go to the mall.In that way I was "green" before "green" became the fad.( I have also used cloth grocery bags for more than 20 years.)
Gathering things for my upcoming trip to Haiti has been fun. Not only because of how I love the hunt but because so many have joined with me in it!I have received a large box of children's clothing from a woman I never met in FL who saw a post I made on facebook. Donations of flip flops, back packs and clothing have come in from friends in PA.A woman in my town has given material and sewing notions. More bags from people in church, school supplies from a young man at my work. Money was given for me to shop from a woman's group where I shared the story of Haitian Children's Home. AND I have shopped. But my bargains were multiplied by the favor that God has given me with man in this effort. I went to the Dollar General and asked if they could make a donation of Summer clothing.They did not have the authority to make a donation BUT they did tell me on the side when they would be marking down summer merh by 75%. Then I went to CVS as I was sharing with the manager about what I was doing and looking over the half price summer stuff and quietly told me to come back on Sunday when the prices would drop down to 75% off.(I got 60 pair of Hanes socks for $6.00!!) I went to the local bookstore to buy books with the donation I received and went to check out. The owner of the store would not take my money and said it was his donation.I went to the local thrift store and asked when they would have their clearance bag sale. They didn't know but I got a phone call at my job telling me that if would be on Monday. When I made my purchases they charged me half price because I was shopping for my Haiti trip.
I have decide that people are really nice. People like to give. It is wrong to not allow them to help and it is always right to ask.
I have found favor because God made it so.I have lots to sort and decisions to make on what will come and what will wait. It is excited to see God multiply these goods. My cup and my spare room runneth over!

No comments:

Post a Comment