Saturday, November 27, 2010

AMI GRANT - HEIRLOOMS

The older I get the truer it is. I love Christmas. The lights, the music, the colors but mostly I love the connections.I love that we can choose to focus on each other and on Jesus. Like most Americans I must check myself and learn to not give in to the frenzy. Like today.. I am thinking "Denise, do you realize how many grandchildren you have??? You can't shop like you did when there was only one or two...or three..or four..and so on." I am thankful that my children and grandchildren don't have great expectations in terms of gifts from me. I am glad they all 'keep Christmas' all during Advent and share with me the joys of the simple things. I am glad that my grandchildren do not love me for what they can get from me. I have a long blog stirring but for now Amy Grant says it best.

No comments:

Post a Comment