Sunday, August 1, 2010

Just saying...

Jesus told us to care for the widows and the orphans. I am thinking that we Americans who follow the American dream are so stuck on entitlement issues that we believe that it's ok for us to have all this stuff when babies on our door step have no diapers. I include myself in this picture. I have far more than I need. I overeat. I overspend. What will Jesus say to me when He returns?( sooner than later I believe..) Will He find me about His Father's business or will He find me sleeping?? I know that this is born from my latest trip to Haiti and in time I will calm down. But should I?? Really should I?? What should the correct response be?? Not "Bless me Lord"> like in the Keith Green song.
">">

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I 150% agree with you on this post. One of my biggest things when I got home was "Why me God?" Why am I so lucky? Why weren't they? What if the roles had been reversed and I was in their shoes? What kind of example of God are we setting if we don't try to do something about it?

    ReplyDelete