Wednesday, November 18, 2009

House Cleaning

Today I had a day off from the Post Office. That was really good because my house was sorely in need of my attention. After what...4 days of rain with 8 grandchildren and as many as 9 adults.We were pretty much using ALL the space we have. Consequently I spend the day picking up little 'reminders'. There was a small pair of white socks left on the garden bench. A smaller pair of super hero socks in the loft bed. Marbles..well, just about everywhere. Little girls hair bands. Diapers neatly rolled in the trash. A little boy's sweat shirt. A grape behind the chair. A doll carriage on the front porch. A trike on the back. Hot wheels cars and a truck under the bench.Crayons in every room. An action figure under the sofa.
Now I sit in my quiet, clean house. The two clocks tic.tic.tic..and when they have ticked for 6 months the house will again be filled with 8, no, make that 9 grand babies. My cup runneth over.

2 comments:

  1. We had fun, didn't we? Thanks for being so gracious about our craziness. You are an awesome mommy and a beyond-awesome Nanny.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ditto to what Gretchen said. And if anything good was left, it's mine-- I forgot it. PLease send it to me.

    ReplyDelete